How To Start A Photography Business Under $1000
I often get asked how I started my photography business as a teenager without a ton of money. It's actually not as difficult as people think it is. Watch my youtube video to find out how, more into depth!
Tip #1: Buy A Camera That Is Inexpensive But Still Great Quality
My key tip is to buy a camera that is inexpensive and still great quality. I highly suggest the Nikon D3300 or the Nikon D3500. From there you can use the standard lens, the 18-55mm lens.
Tip #2: Get A Sturdy Camera Bag
My next tip is to get a great camera bag to store your camera and lens safely. I use the amazon basics bag.
Tip #3: Buy A Camera Strap
In addition to a bag, I suggest a camera strap. I have a cross strap that gives me a hands free option!
Tip #4: Start A Facebook and Instagram Business Account
Now onto getting clientele, A major tip is to start a Facebook and Instagram business account. It is totally free! This is going to help get your business out there and help people find you.
Tip #5: Invest In Some Business Cards
Try investing in some business cards, its great to have them on the go! With business cards, you could also print out flyers and pass them out or pin them up on bulletin boards(at restaurants, stores, etc)
Tip #6: Practice By Taking Some Free Pictures
A tip that I think is so important, is to take some pictures for free. Such as taking pictures of friends or family! This helps you build your portfolio and help with experience.
Tip #7: Believe In Yourself
Lastly my favorite tip of all, Believe in yourself and never give up! Anyone can start a photography business!
Links To My Gear
My Camera and 18-55mm Lens: https://amzn.to/3ElLiKX My Photo Backpack: https://amzn.to/3ElIYDC My 35mm lens: https://amzn.to/3FiDqLs 55-200mm Lens: https://amzn.to/3ySq3PB Flower Lens Cap: https://amzn.to/3FplKh8 Camera Strap: https://amzn.to/3Elp1Ns Wide Angle Lens: https://amzn.to/3qmKYX8
Comments
Post a Comment